8. Add some color.
You can add volume to your hair using not only scissors but also color. This might be ordinary highlights or the shatush method, where you use several different shades of one color.
7. Wash your hair the right way.
Even something as simple as washing your hair a different way can add volume. All you have to do is follow a few basic rules:
1. Start by rinsing your hair with hot water. It will open the cuticles, which is good for removing any dirt or product trapped in the hair. When your hair is rinsed in warm water, it loosens the oils through the scalp and opens the cuticles so they are able to absorb the oil.
2. Apply shampoo only to your roots. Then spread the lather along the length of your hair. The ends of your hair are always drier and more brittle, so you shouldn’t rub them.
3. Apply conditioner or a mask only along the length of your hair. Moisturizing shampoos, when applied to the roots, only make them heavier and flatten out your hair.
4. Wash your scalp on a regular basis. This will improve blood circulation and get rid of dead cells.
5. Try not to wash your hair every day. This can remove a protective layer from your hair that results in it being weaker, in turn depriving it of volume. It’s also better to use dry shampoo.